From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pascal Jermini
Sent: 01 July 2008 09:17
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] collector memory leak / history truncation

> We're seeing the following behavior in Condor 7.0.1 on
X86-64-LINUX-RHEL3.

> The collector appears to have a memory leak of some kind, as the
> memory usage in top increases, reaching several GB over the course of
> a day, so we have resorted to resetting the collector every night.

We are also seeing memory leaks in the collector, but with an older
version:

$CondorVersion: 6.8.7 Nov 27 2007 $
$CondorPlatform: I386-LINUX_RHEL3 $

The "rate of leakage" is roughly proportional with the number of
machines in the pool. If I'm not mistaken, previous versions of Condor
also exhibited this problem...

I think that we have already reported this problem several times on the
mailing list...

Pascal