[Condor-users] Must the machine which submited jobs ping the machine which executed the jobs well ?

I am a beginner using condor .
my machine wanted to submit the job to a condor pool in which the excuting machines were in a local network ,and my machine is out of the local network.
My meaning is that  if my machine which submits jobs can't ping the excuting machine ,but can ping the cental manager host,can my machine submit jobs  and jobs be excuted successfully?