Re: [Condor-users] Condor DRMAA: DAGMan job submission possible?

< Sent from a Palm Treo 680 >
-----Original Message-----
From: "Mark V" <mvyver@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, Jul 14, 2008 1:00 am
Subject: [Condor-users] Condor DRMAA: DAGMan job submission possible?
To: "Condor-Users Mail List" <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>Reply-To: mvyver@xxxxxxxxx, Condor-Users Mail List <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Group,
>I'm currently doing some 'homework'/reserach, and the following
>question has arisen:
>
>Q) DRMAA: Dagman job submission - possible?
>Is it possible to submit a DAGMan job using the DRMA API?

Yes.

The key is understanding that DagMan jobs are just regular Condor jobs with
   universe = scheduler
   executable = dagman
   arguments = dag-file ... ...
All condor-submit-dag does is create a "regular" condor-submit file and run condor-submit on it.  Take a look at the condor-submit file created by condor-submit-dag - this is the submit file you want your drmaa app to mimic.

To set the submit attributes that are specific to Condor, like universe, use DRMAA_NATIVE_SPECIFICATION param with drmaa_set_attribute.  See the DRMAA section in the Condor Manual for an example.

Hope this helps some
Todd