[Condor-users] Problem with tilde expansion, Condor user, etc.

Hi,

I am having a problem starting Condor in one of our machines. The
setting is the same as in many other machines, Condor has been
previously running in this one, and if I reboot the machine, then all is
in order... (but rebooting is not an option now...)

Basically if I try to start Condor, I get:

[root@enigma ~]# /etc/init.d/condor start
Starting up Condor

Neither the environment variable CONDOR_CONFIG,
/etc/condor/, nor ~condor/ contain a condor_config source.
Either set CONDOR_CONFIG to point to a valid config source,
or put a "condor_config" file in /etc/condor or ~condor/
Exiting.

[root@enigma ~]#

But the configuration file is in there:

[root@enigma ~]# ls ~condor/condor_config
/home/condor/condor_config

I don't know what could be causing this behaviour. Any ideas/hints?

(If I solve this manually, by setting CONDOR_CONFIG, then starting
Condor complains about condor user not being in the passwd file, but
that should be like that, as all users are authenticated by LDAP...)

Thanks,
Ángel de Vicente