Re: [Condor-users] DC_AUTHENTICATE: sent DC_INVALIDATE

> 7/18 18:43:42 DC_AUTHENTICATE: attempt to open invalid session
> scorpio:28204:1216378448:16, failing.
> 7/18 18:43:42 DC_AUTHENTICATE: sent DC_INVALIDATE
> scorpio:28204:1216378448:16 to <10.201.42.234:55636>.
>
> If I restart the Executor Machine Manually.Then only it is showing up
> while Checking condor Status.

hello,

after restarting your collector, it could take 5 to 10 minutes (using the
default configuration) for the machine to show up again in the collector.
but if you wait, it definitely should.  this is normal behavior.

here's a more detail explanation for anyone interested:

the collector and startd have established a security session.  when the
collector gets restarted, it loses its side of the session.  the next time the
startd tries to update the collector, it does so using the old session, which
fails (the log message "attempt to open invalid session").  the collector then
sends a UDP message (the log message about DC_INVALIDATE) to the startd to let
it know that it needs to clear the old sessions and start a new one.  after
that, things should work fine.

as to why the other machine showed up without restarting, it is just a matter
of timing.  startd updates to the collector normally occur every 5 minutes.
i'm guessing the windows machine just happened to get through the above process
first.  eventually (within 10 minutes) all machines should be reporting to the
collector without restarting them.

you can change this default of 5 minutes to something shorter if you want the
machines to show up more quickly after a restart.  you could try setting:
  UPDATE_INTERVAL = 60
  # one minute update interval

then machines will report much more often to the collector.  the upside is
that your pool will be back to normal after 2 minutes instead of 10.  the
downside is increased network traffic to your collector.  if you have a
large enough pool, making the UPDATE_INTERVAL too small will eventually
overload your collector.

i hope this helps, and please let me know if you have more questions.

cheers,
-zach