[Condor-users] problem setting environment variables with Birdbath

Hi Condor users!

I have a problem submitting the following file to Condor  using the SOAP interface and Birdbath.

environment             = "QUARTUS_ROOTDIR=$ENV(QUARTUS_ROOTDIR) LM_LICENSE_FILE='$ENV(LM_LICENSE_FILE)' PROJECT=$ENV(PROJECT) PROJECT_UTIL=$ENV(PROJECT_UTIL) SCRIPTPATH=$ENV(SCRIPTPATH) TCLLIBPATH=lib USERNAME=$ENV(USERNAME) PATH='C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin;C:\Program Files\bzip2-1.0.5\bin;C:\altera\80\quartus\bin'"

universe                = vanilla

executable              = C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin\make.EXE

output                  = makefile.log

log                     = condor.log

error                   = condor.err

queue 1

I wrote a little java program that parses the submit file and calls method ‘submit’ in class Transaction from the Birdbath class library to submit the job to Condor.

In the ClassAdStructAttr[] template used by class Transaction in the method ‘submit’ I set the ‘Env’ attribute to the value specified by the ‘environment’ parameter of the submit file.

The job is submitted to condor but when I look at the job’s ClassAdds with ‘condor_q –long’ command, there is no ‘Environment’ class ad.

It looks like attribute ‘Env’ in ClassAdStructAttr[] array is not the one that should be used to specify the environment data.

Does anybody know how to set the environment classAdd using Birdbath?

Thank you for your help.

Bogdan Staicu

R&D Hardware Engineer

JDS Uniphase