Re: [Condor-users] Condor calendar

Vigilant Lionel wrote:

Hello all,

In our configuration based on Condor 7.0.1 we are using workstations dedicated to students ... so we can't use them freely apart from week end and holidays. The system administrator do not want to use full time run with keyboard/mouse user detector. So we want configure Condor to run jobs only during night between 8 PM and 7 AM during school time weeks

This one is easy. Take a look at the FAQ section of the Condor Manual, specifically the FAQ "How do I configure Codnor to only run jobs at night?", online at
  http://tinyurl.com/64lxjo

and all the day during week end

Also easy, and the example included in the manual shows how to do that... just take a peek at the URL i gave above...

and holidays.

Ouch. Holidays could be a little more tricky. What would be sweet is if Condor's ClassAds implementation had a function to convert the epoch time [e.g. output from time()] into a month/day/year representation, like formatTime() as specified in the ClassAd Language reference. But alas, formatTime() is not implemented. I will add that to the wish list. In the meantime, anyone else have a good idea for how to handle holidays in a Condor scheduling policy?

--
Todd Tannenbaum                       University of Wisconsin-Madison
Condor Project Research               Department of Computer Sciences