[Condor-users] Retrieval of jobs estimated processing time

Hello,

We are using Condor 7.0.x to distribute some kind of image processing jobs. Our processing software provides information about the estimated processing time when using the normal stand-alone mode. This estimated time is continuously updated during the processing process.

In addition, we have written small front-end software for Condor which creates the necessary submit files and monitors the processing progress of the single jobs.

We now would be interested in getting the same time information out of the running batch process to have an idea how long each job will still have to run. Does Condor offer any means to transport output information from a running batch process to another software (like our small front-end program) or a simple text file?

I am assuming that this request has already been solved by someone. We would appreciate any hint or remark helping us to solve this issue. Thank you very much in advance.

Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Thomas Laue

--
INPHO GmbH   *   Smaragdweg 1   *   70174 Stuttgart   *   Germany
phone: +49 711 2288 10  *  fax: +49 711 2288 111  *  web: www.inpho.de