[Condor-users] Condor Benchmarking on Windows Platform

Hi All

One of my users has asked me an interesting question, to which I do not know the answer, so here it is in a nutshell...

How are Vanilla Universe KFLOPS and MIPS calculated by Condor version 6.8.6 on the Windows platform ?

He wants to perform a comparison between an "average" node in our Condor pool and a regular (non Condor) machine.

After gathering the values from various ClassAds he is of the opinion that the values for KFLOPS and MIPS are too high.

I presume that for the Java Universe scimark2 from http://math.nist.gov/scimark2 is used (found the jar file)

Unfortunately he does not want JavaMIPS, so the question remains...

How are Vanilla Universe KFLOPS and MIPS calculated by Condor version 6.8.6 on the Windows platform ?

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.8/2_5Submitting_Job.html is a helpful pointer, however...

Can you provide as much detail as possible please, so that he can

1) Validate that the KFLOPS and MIPS values advertised in the ClassAd are sensible

2) Run the same benchmark on a non Condor machine

KFLOPS - (if Linpack is used , then we will need the version of Linpack used, build instructions or binaries, compiler and version used to build if not binaries, the HPL.dat file used etc)

MIPS - (similarly for the Dhrystone benchmark re things needed above)

If all of this is integrated into one or more of the Condor daemons (one presumes so), would it be possible to have access to the appropriate source code files ?

I suspect Todd or Dan will know who to ask...

Thanks in advance

Best regards

James

Dr James Osborne