Re: [Condor-users] HELP:ALL THE USERS WHO ARE WORKING ON GUI PLEASE REPLY

Rishav Sharma wrote:
HI ALL
rIGHT NOW I AM WORKING ON GUI ON WINDOWS AND I HAVE JUST STARTED WORKING ON IT I HAVE TWO APPROACES 1) COSTUMISE THE CONDOR BINARIES TO DISPLAY THE DESIRED OUTPUT I WANT AND BIND IT WITH MY GUI

Not recommended -- as things change w/ new releases, your GUI could stop working and/or require constant maintenance.

2)OR I MAKE A GUI ON CONSOLE APPLICATION AND JOIN THE I/O STREAMS
   AND FORMAT THE DATA DISPLAY

Reasonable, but not ideal -- would result in a fork/exec anytime you do anything. However, many folks have written very decent web portal APIs just by using the command-line interface. Note especially the "-format" and "-xml" options to commands like condor_status, condor_q.

ANY OTHER OPPROACHES,OR ANY FRAME WORK I CAN GET,PLZ HELP ME WITH THIS..........

Suggest you use one of the supported Condor APIs -- see
   http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.0/4_4Application_Program.html

Which API you use depends somewhat on the functionality you want.

If you only want to deal with job submission, monitoring, and removal, consider Condor's Web Service (SOAP) API, the GAHP API, or perhaps DRMAA.

If you want your GUI to handle machine/pool monitoring (aka condor_status) in addition to job management (aka condor_q etc), I'd go with Condor's Web Service API.

Esp if you are writing your GUI w/ something that makes web services easy to use (like MS Visual Studio.NET), I'd probably put the Web Service API near the top of my list.

CHEERS TO CONDOR

And cheers on your new project!

best,
Todd