Re: [Condor-users] Running jobs without 'nobody'

In Condor 7, the configuration variable is named SLOTx_USER. In 6.8, it was VMx_USER. However, Condor 7 should still recognize the older name if you use it (and if you do not define ALLOW_VM_CRUFT=False).

I don't think SLOTx_USER is the solution to your problem. If you use Condor's file transfer mechanism, then output files can be copied back to the submit machine, and stored as the same user id that submitted the job. It shouldn't matter in this case what user id the job used when it was running. Is there a reason why this is not a good solution for you?

--Dan

Romain wrote:

Hi there,
I'm currently using Condor to run a model of biodiversity and its execution enables to create output files. The problem is that the jobs are running as 'nobody' user and so I can't modify/delete them.

I have seen that it exists the VMx_USER configuration variable but I don't see how to use it and how to set it correctly even after having read the documentation about it. (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.0/index.html)

VMx_USER
   The name of a user for Condor to use instead of user nobody, as part of a solution that plugs a security hole whereby a lurker process can prey on a subsequent job run as user name nobody. x is an integer associated with virtual machines. On Windows, VMx_USER will only work if the credential of the specified user is stored on the execute machine using condor_ store_cred.

Could anybody help me with this tiny problem and explain me better how this variable works please.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers

Romain