From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Abel Licon
Sent: 23 June 2008 10:50
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Condor-users] Ports

Hi,

I am a graduate student at the University of Delaware and we have just installed a condor pool in our lab. It was a little rough at first but I was able to get all the machines connected and communicating. The only problem is that I had to open a wide range of ports on each machines firewall in order to achieve this.

1. Is there a rule of thumb for how many ports to open for each machine?
  a. Manager
  b. Submit
  c. Execute

2. Is there a way to only open them to my sub-domain so that only my computers can access those ports?

So far I opened a range of ports on all the machines for both UDP and TCP. But I don't feel comfortable with this set up. What can I do to be more secure?

I have about 20 computers in the pool.

Thanks

Abel Licon
915-867-4373