Re: [Condor-users] Altering slot types

Did you also add the following to your configuration?

NUM_SLOTS_TYPE_1 = 1
NUM_SLOTS_TYPE_2 = 1

This requirement needs to be more clearly emphasized in the manual. I have done that just now.

--Dan

Craig Bruce wrote:

Hi,
I have a 4GB RAM Linux machine with 2 CPUs, running 7.0.1, I want to
allocate 1GB RAM to one slot and 3GB to the other.

So I add this to the config file:
SLOT_TYPE_1 = ram=25%
SLOT_TYPE_2 = ram=75%

When I check the values via condor_config_val, they are present, but
condor_status still shows 2GB per slot. I have shutdown all daemons and
started fresh.

I've tried all combinations of ram, mem and 1/4, 2000 and all seem to be
ignored.

I can't see what I've missed from the manual.

Thanks
Craig