Re: [Condor-users] Condor privileges / credentials for execute machines.

You do not need to authenticate individual users in order for this operation to succeed if you are using host-based authorization (which is the default).

Is 192.168.100.78 covered by your HOSTALLOW_DAEMON configuration setting? If you are not setting HOSTALLOW_DAEMON, then this defaults to HOSTALLOW_WRITE.

--Dan

Taylor, Andrew wrote:

Hi All

I’ve a frustrating problem that probably has an extremely simple fix. I’ve had it working, now it doesn’t. No idea why.

Anyway, this is the master server collectorlog and the denied machine is a machine with execute daemon only. These machines are all running on Windows. Why is the permission denied and how do I create individual users on windows? The manual is a bit vague.

3/12 14:25:32 DaemonCore: PERMISSION DENIED to unknown user from host <192.168.100.78:1034> for command 2 (UPDATE_MASTER_AD), access level ADVERTISE_MASTER

3/12 14:25:42 DaemonCore: PERMISSION DENIED to unknown user from host <192.168.100.78:1050> for command 0 (UPDATE_STARTD_AD), access level ADVERTISE_STARTD

3/12 14:25:43 DaemonCore: PERMISSION DENIED to unknown user from host <192.168.100.78:1053> for command 0 (UPDATE_STARTD_AD), access level ADVERTISE_STARTD

On a separate note does anyone use Stata with condor? Each slot equates to a cpu, so a quad core system has 4 slots, so Stata/mp4 would run on condor using all 4 cores? Is that correct? What would happen if I ran Stata/mp32 on 32 free slots? Would that work or would it just default to the system with most cores and Stata/mp installed.

Thanks

Andrew Taylor