Re: [Condor-users] Shutting down condor_schedd temporarily without losing the running jobs

> I'm going to try editing the job_queue.log file by hand to
> remove the offending non-UTF-8 character that's causing my
> Quill daemon so much trouble. The problem is: I can't think
> of a way to stop the schedd without interrupting the running
> jobs. It'll take me less than a minute to do the edits. It's
> all of a few lines. But I don't want the schedd writing to
> the file while I'm writing to the file.
>
> Ideas for ways I might be able to do this without losing my
> running jobs?

Well, whether this was the wisest course of action or not remains to be
seen but so far, so good. I just suspended the condor_schedd process
with:

ps -ef | grep schedd | grep condor | awk {'print $2'} | xargs kill -STOP

Did the edits and then unsuspended it with:

ps -ef | grep schedd | grep condor | awk {'print $2'} | xargs kill -CONT

It certainly suspended the process. Whether my running jobs stay running
is playing out now. Looks okay though.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.  This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.