Re: [Condor-users] Shutting down condor_schedd temporarily without losing the running jobs

Ian,

> Well, whether this was the wisest course of action or not remains to be
> seen but so far, so good. I just suspended the condor_schedd process
> with:
>
> ps -ef | grep schedd | grep condor | awk {'print $2'} | xargs kill -STOP
>
> Did the edits and then unsuspended it with:
>
> ps -ef | grep schedd | grep condor | awk {'print $2'} | xargs kill -CONT
>
> It certainly suspended the process. Whether my running jobs stay running
> is playing out now. Looks okay though.

I don't think this is going to solve your problem.  The contents of
job_queue.log simply reflect the current state of the schedd.  When
job_queue.log is cleaned (every QUEUE_CLEAN_INTERVAL seconds) I think
it will put the bad value back.

Try this:

condor_q -direct schedd 15983 -format "%s\n" AlteraRequirements | cat -v

And see if there are still non-printing characters.

I think you also want to do this:

condor_qedit 15983 AlteraRequirements '((TARGET.AlteraIsDesktop == FALSE) && ((Machine == "pg-swph48.altera.com" || Machine=="pg-swph49.altera.com")) && (TARGET.OpSys == "LINUX") && (TARGET.Arch =!= UNDEFINED))'

To make sure the schedd agrees with the contents of job_queue.log.

--
Daniel K. Forrest	Laboratory for Molecular and
forrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx	Computational Genomics