Re: [Condor-users] Number of VMs not correctly detected automatically

Hi Dan,

Dan Bradley wrote:
Are you setting COUNT_HYPERTHREAD_CPUS = False? Prior to Condor 6.9.5, there are known problems in which condor gets confused between hyperthreading and multi-cores.

Yes, that did the trick... But assuming I want to count only real CPUs (then setting COUNT_HYPERTHREAD_CPUS = False), I guess I will have to upgrade...

Another related question:

If I want Condor to leave all the machine anytime there is any console or keyboard activity I used to have the settings:

VIRTUAL_MACHINES_CONNECTED_TO_CONSOLE = 2
VIRTUAL_MACHINES_CONNECTED_TO_KEYBOARD = 2

I understand that the CONSOLE one is not necessary, it will automatically default to all CPUs available, but the KEYBOARD one defaults to 1, so I would have to set upt the variable for each of the multi-core machines. Is there a possibility in newer versions to set this automatically to the number of CPUs (as per VIRTUAL_MACHINES_CONNECTED_TO_CONSOLE?).

Thanks a lot,
Ángel de Vicente
--
http://www.iac.es/galeria/angelv/