Re: [Condor-users] R and condor

(ALSO POSTED ON THE R MAILING LIST)

Paul,

This is what some of our condor files look like. The example script
shown
goes through and cleans out our log directory (hence the name). The key
aspects are the 'should_transfer_files=No' and
'transfer_executable=False'. The Rscript and Rterm exe's are just small
wrappers that call into the R DLL. It's somewhat of a pain transferring
them all around (unless you don't have a shared file system).

--- CleanCondorLogs.condor -----------------------

JobName = CleanCondorLogs

LogHeader = $(JobName).$(Cluster).$(Process).$$(Machine)

input = <path to r script>/CleanCondorLogs.R
output = <log directory here>$(LogHeader).out
Error = <log directory here>$(LogHeader).err
log = <log directory here>/CleanCondorLogs.log

executable = $ENV(SystemRoot)\system32\cmd.exe
arguments = /Q /C RunR.bat

transfer_executable = False
should_transfer_files = No
getenv = True
environment = "TMP=C:\temp TEMP=C:\temp"
run_as_owner = true
Universe = vanilla

--------------------------------

The RunR.bat file looks like this:

"C:\R\R-2.6.1\bin\Rscript.exe" --no-save --no-restore --no-init-file
--no-environ -

We use the Run.R.bat file because it lets us not only mount required
network drives in Condor, but also upgrade our R as we see fit without
having to change 100+ condor files to point to the new path to R.

Hope that helps, let me know if you still run into trouble.

John