Re: [Condor-users] MasterLog and ShadowLog errors

Hi Zach,

I think you called me this afternoon. If so, thanks. For the moment, Condor is running. It has been in this state three times in the past few months, but inevitably within a few days or at most a week or two it will stop working, and I swear I don't know what changes are made to have it all fall apart. Yesterday I reinstalled Condor (twice) and stripped my configuration files (BTW, a 2500 line config file is really a pain to work with). I deleted the log, execute, and spool directories to give me (as much as possible) a "starting from scratch" state. Let's see what happens now.

I have a few higher priority tasks on my plate at the moment, but my next endeavour with Condor is to get a Mac OS X worker node tied in (challenge is that it is on a different sub-net, no NFS mounting, no shared users), and then after that we want to have flocking and cross submission to our other Condor pool.

The security mechanisms in Condor still perplex me, but I can happily report that I've gotten rid of all the "ALLOW = *" entries which, of course, I was really unhappy about. I would much rather have all the machines authenticate with X.509 host or service certs, which I get the impression is possible, but I haven't had time to look into how to do this.

Cheers,

Ian

--
Ian Stokes-Rees, Research Associate