Von: "Kewley, J (John)" <j.kewley@xxxxxxxx>
An: Condor-Users Mail List <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, den 21. Juni 2007, 17:53:45 Uhr
Betreff: Re: [Condor-users] Environment variables

-----Original Message-----
From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Richard Grieve
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 4:32 PM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Environment variables

Hi John,
As far as I can tell, the only difference in env is the PATH, which is a bit annoying.  For all jobs, I am setting "runasowner"; I see this env difference between machines even when I'm logged into both of them; I've been diffing my condor_config files amoung machines, but they are now identical on machines that still have different env.  Basically, the jobs I'm submitting are all just running Windows "set", as you say, so that I can get info like running machine name and other variables.  We do have a very restrictive security policy here, so I suppose that may be suspect.

Hmm I don't know then. STARTER_ALLOW_RUNAS_OWNER isn't set to False is it?

Maybe it is the setup on the machines themselves that have different priveleges, set up different default env vars
for the users. I don't know so much about Windows machine setup

On a slightly different point, is there any chance that I can specify a variable that I want to be pulled from the running machine?  Some jobs that I run actually use the filesystem on the execute machine, and I need to specify the location of certain files.  I'm in a situation now where these files are on C: on one machine, and on D: on the other.  If I could read a variable on the execute machine, that would make life much simpler!
Thanks,
Richard.
(this sounds a little nasty, there may be an easier way) You could add an attribute to each Startd stating the loction of
MY_ROOT (or whatever you want to call that directory).

Then you can refer to it in your submit file in something like

environment=MY_DIR=TARGET.MY_ROOT

or something like that. I haven't used TARGET yet, so can't be sure that is the right incantation.

BTW if as a result of reading this you are thinking of adding something along the lines of

MY_ROOT=C:\

in your config files, then PLEASE read my Condor Week "Gotchas II" slides - there are too many
potential pitfalls do talk about here.

Cheers, GL

JK

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail.