Re: [Condor-users] Checkpoint and Suspend a running VM Job

Johnson koil Raj wrote:
Hi,

1)  Is there is an option to suspend a running VM job from the Submitter
Host. (Not by Changing the config file of Executor Host suspend).

Suspend as in keep it from using CPU but keep it in RAM (i.e. like a SIGSTOP on Unix) ? Unfortunately, I cannot think of a way... :(

2) whether the checkpoint of a VM can be done whenever we need. Apart from configuration like PERIODIC_CHECKPOINT.

I think you could do this with the commands
  condor_checkpoint <execute machine>

You can also do
  condor_vacate <execute machine>
or
  condor_vacate_job <job-id>

See the man pages for these commands for more options....

hope this helps,
Todd