Re: [Condor-users] "Changing directory" between queue commands in a classad

Ian Stokes-Rees wrote:
  Hi,

I want to execute 1000 sub-jobs inside my classad. I would like all input, output, and logging files for each sub-job to be grouped into a different directory (e.g. "subjob000", "subjob001" etc.). Is this simply a matter of doing the job submission from a common parent directory and then correctly setting the relative paths appropriately for each of the sub-job's respective portion of the classad?

Cheers,

Yes. Something like the following works --- if you run condor_submit in subdirectory /x/foo, then jobs will run in /x/foo/subjob1, /x/foo/subjob2, /x/foo/subjob3, etc. If you do specify log=<filename>, I would give a fully-qualified path to log.

  ####################
  #
  # Example : demonstrate use of multiple
  # directories for data organization.
  #

  Executable     = whatever
  Initialdir     = subjob$(Process)
  Queue 1000

--
Todd Tannenbaum                       University of Wisconsin-Madison
Condor Project Research               Department of Computer Sciences