Re: [Condor-users] Does CONDOR help on a Non-parallel code?

Alankar Alankar wrote:
Hi All,

I run ABAQUS on my PC (1.77 GHz Pentium 4). I heard about CONDOR and installed on my PC and will add 4 more similar computers to make a pool of 5. Could somebody tell me if it will help me in decreasing the run time of ABAQUS simulations provided that my ABAQUS simulations are non-parallel codes ?

No, that's not how it works. Runtime of single simulation will actually increase slightly due to overhead. However, you can run 5 simulations at once (provided your simulations are separate program runs) and get 5x speedup for a batch of them.

Dima