Re: [Condor-users] condor_master.pid question

William,

Check your init.d script. Many times in Condor installations, the /etc/init.d/condor script will have lines in it like:

# pidfile: /var/lib/condor/condor_master.pid
pidfile=/var/lib/condor/$prog.pid

so the init.d script, not the Condor code, will create that file.

Good luck!
Doug