Re: [Condor-users] STARTD_AD_REEVAL_EXPR message in NegotiatorLog

Steven Timm wrote:

I recently discovered this bug too.  There is a fix that will be
released with condor 7.0.5 and 7.1.3.

The consequence of the bug is that the CurMatches attribute is reset to
0 in some cases before a new update to the site classad is published.

--Dan

For 3 years Condor staff have been telling us that this was a  feature
of condor-g matchmaking and that it was supposed to work that way,
i.e. that CurMatches would reset to zero after every negotiation cycle
and that it only goes up during the negotiation cycle and will never
actually show up in the machine classad.  What changed?

I haven't dug into the history of this, but I can tell you how things are currently implemented. ClassAds that have WantAdRevaluate=True and which define UpdateSequenceNumber as some integer may be preserved (at least by the intention of the condor code) from one negotiation cycle to the next, effectively ignoring the version of the ad that exists in the collector. The point of this is to preserve the value of CurMatches. The decision about whether to retain the negotiator's copy of the ad or not is made by the expression specified by the configuration option STARTD_AD_REEVAL_EXPR, which defaults to target.UpdateSequenceNumber > my.UpdateSequenceNumber. However, the way this expression was being evaluated was wrong, so as far as I can see, it never evaluated to true. In 7.0.5, this is fixed.

I just noticed that STARTD_AD_REEVAL_EXPR is not documented. I will find out if that was intentional.

--Dan