Re: [Condor-users] Java not recognised by Condor

> > You can either drop the quotes, as they confuses Condor in
> > this instance, or you can write the path in the old 8.3
> > format.
>
> I've tried it without quotes, but it's still interpreting the space in
> 'Program Files' as a separator.

In that case, maybe try simply writing the 'Program Files' part in
the 8.3 format, this will always be the same, regardless of which
machine you run your installer on.

> > For example, mine is set to:
> >
> > JAVA = C:\PROGRA~1\Java\JDK16~1.0_0\bin\JAVA.EXE
> >
> > To determine the 8.3 version of the name use dir /x at each
> > level in the path.  You'll only need to know what the equivalent
> > of "JDK16~1.0_0" is on your system, the rest should be the
> > same.
>
> It's not easy for me to do that; I've created a custom installer, and
> though I know that this particular version of Java is present in the
> given location, I don't know what its 8.3 name is (there may be other
> versions of Java present).

In my experience, directories on two disparate machines will agree
on the same 8.3 directory name, given an identical long filename.
This would ensure that you don't hit the other versions of Java that
may be installed.

Regards,
-B