Re: [Condor-users] disk space on file server fills up andcondordrops the complete output

> Hi Ian,
> Any chance you could point me towards some info about job
> flow tests? I think I may be looking in the wrong place!

By "job flow" I mean whatever wrapper you have around your actual work
that controls what's going on. That sentence might have been better
written:

        As part of your job flow, test the copy back...

We use Perl and Python a lot here. No one submits jobs directly to
Condor to run; they submit jobs that a wrapper executes for them. That
lets us augment Condor's functionality to suit our specific needs and
our specific setup. For example: our job flow wrapper tests the NAS to
make sure there's sufficient space for files to be returned right before
it exits. If there isn't it lets an admin know and then goes to sleep
for an hour. For our particular situation it's better to loose an hour
of processing than a job's worth of return data.

Cheers!

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,  or copying  of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.