Re: [Condor-users] Avoiding Cross-Flocking

> has no one really an answer to this question? I would prefer that a
> condor pool do not accept remote jobs while it has flocked
> jobs running.
> How can I configure that?

You could run a cron job on each of your pools that changes FLOCK_TO and
FLOCK_FROM depending on what's going on in your system. If query your
schedds for one current pool, look at the values of TotalFlockedJobs,
you can set FLOCK_FROM for machines in that pool to be empty if any
schedd has TotalFlockedJobs > 0.

I'm not sure if FLOCK_TO or FLOCK_FROM can contain ClassAd expression
logic. If they can you might be able to do something fancier using
ClassAd expressions and some logic right in the setting. See:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.2/4_1Condor_s_ClassAd.html#33494

I'm not a user of flock technology -- maybe someone who uses it has a
more elegant way to do it. But that's the first brute force method that
comes to mind.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,  or copying  of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.