Re: [Condor-users] Weird KERBEROS error

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 10:28:14AM -0500, Zachary Miller wrote:

:perhaps someone else has an idea, but in the meantime i'd suggest opening a
:ticket by sending mail to condor-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx and including the log
:snippet.  if you hadn't already, enable the D_ALL debug level for the daemon in
:question.  i'll see if i can figure what would cause such an error.

Sent in, I'd been using  D_SECURITY, but switche to D_ALL just in case.

:is it random, or on these two machines does it happen every time kerberos
:authentication is attempted?

It seems completely deterministic.  BTW I added five other systems for
the same research group (wich all use or central linux install so
shouldn't differ much from everything else in the cluster), which do
work.  NTP checks out and krb5.conf doesn't differ.  Originally the
two failing sstems had slightly different condor_config.local files
(all sec_ settings are in the master condor_config in AFS), switching
that didn't change anything either.

The version info I sent was wrong (typed in wrong XTERM) these are
i386 not x86_64 systems so:

$CondorVersion: 7.2.0 Dec 19 2008 BuildID: 121001 $
$CondorPlatform: I386-LINUX_DEBIAN40 $

Verified that the (new) working and failing systems are all i386.

Thanks,
-Jon