Re: [Condor-users] ClassAds of hibernating machines

On Apr 8, 2009, at 7:44 AM, Ben Burnett wrote:

Is there a way to access these ClassAds for longer, or is the wakeup
script responsible for retaining this information?

The problem is an implementation flaw.  We've changed the Collector
so that it now assigns an almost infinite life-time to the ads of
sleeping machines. This will be available in the upcoming 7.2.2
release.

Ben, is there something I need to do to enable this behavior? I upgraded to 7.2.2 today, and allowed condor to put a few of my machines into hibernation. About half an hour after entering the S4 state the collector removed their ads as stale.

--

David Brodbeck
System Administrator, Linguistics