Re: [Condor-users] Using $(variableName) in job Ads, submitted through web service

Johnson koil Raj wrote:
> Hi,
>

>     I need to use ReleaseReason job Ad value to  some other classAd like
> Arguments. whenever I release a job through web service I will set
> appropriate arguments  as release reason. whether this can be parsed at
> the execute node.
>
> ReleaseReason = "125 copy"
> Arguments        = $(ReleaseReason)
>
> This is because condor_qedit is not available through web services. I
> tried it is not evaluating this expression.
>
> I am doing correct or I can't be done.
>

> by
> Johnson

You could try using $$() or $$([]).

Also, adding a SetAttribute() (aka qedit) function to the Schedd's SOAP interface would be a rather straightforward task. If you want to take a shot at it just let us know.

Best,

matt