Re: [Condor-users] mp1script not found - need info.

I'm not familiar with Condor on Win* at all, but I do know that the
mp1script is a linux-shell script. So I wouldn't be surprised if it
doesn't come with Condor for Win*, since Win* doesn't know how to deal
with it. But maybe you can convert in into some batch Win script? I
attached the script, so you can have a look at it (version 7.0.4 though,
maybe outdated)

Jakob

Ahmed Hussain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to run MPI jobs but could not find the mp1script that comes with Condor.
> I have Condor ver. 7.2.1 running on Windows XP.
>
> I even checked ver. 7.2.4 but still could not find mp1script file.
>
> Am I not looking in the right place or it does not come with the Windows version of Condor??
>
> Any help??
>
> thanks,
> Ahmed
>
> The archives can be found at:
#!/bin/sh
##**************************************************************
##
## Copyright (C) 1990-2007, Condor Team, Computer Sciences Department,
## University of Wisconsin-Madison, WI.
##
## Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you
## may not use this file except in compliance with the License.  You may
## obtain a copy of the License at
##
##    http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
##
## Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
## distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
## WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
## See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
## limitations under the License.
##
##**************************************************************

_CONDOR_PROCNO=$_CONDOR_PROCNO
_CONDOR_NPROCS=$_CONDOR_NPROCS

CONDOR_SSH=`condor_config_val libexec`
CONDOR_SSH=$CONDOR_SSH/condor_ssh

SSHD_SH=`condor_config_val libexec`
SSHD_SH=$SSHD_SH/sshd.sh

. $SSHD_SH $_CONDOR_PROCNO $_CONDOR_NPROCS

# If not the head node, just sleep forever, to let the
# sshds run
if [ $_CONDOR_PROCNO -ne 0 ]
then
		wait
		sshd_cleanup
		exit 0
fi

EXECUTABLE=$1
shift

# the binary is copied but the executable flag is cleared.
# so the script have to take care of this
chmod +x $EXECUTABLE

# Set this to the bin directory of MPICH installation
MPDIR=/u/g/t/gthain/mpich-1.2.6/bin
PATH=$MPDIR:.:$PATH
export PATH

export P4_RSHCOMMAND=$CONDOR_SSH

CONDOR_CONTACT_FILE=$_CONDOR_SCRATCH_DIR/contact
export CONDOR_CONTACT_FILE

# The second field in the contact file is the machine name
# that condor_ssh knows how to use
sort -n +0 < $CONDOR_CONTACT_FILE | awk '{print $2}' > machines

## run the actual mpijob
mpirun -v -np $_CONDOR_NPROCS -machinefile machines $EXECUTABLE $@

sshd_cleanup
rm -f machines