[Condor-users] Condor server not starting new executables

Hello all,

I've an odd problem.  I've inherited a small farm of three Windows XP
machines that have previously only been used to perform rendering.  We
now want to extend the usefulness of these machines by submitting jobs
other than just for the renderer.

I have installed the required software and confirmed at the command
line that it runs just fine.

I initially installed it as me, and gave full permission to all users.
 Then I tried installing as condor.  Then I wrote a simple batch file
and put it in the same directory as the program that actually works.

All of them failed in exactly the same way, with messages that look like this:

mtigges@D1019079 /opt/aerie-test
$ condor_submit desc
Submitting job(s)
ERROR: Executable file c:\aw\maya8.5\bin\hello.bat does not exist

The permissions are identical to those for the program that works.

I am completely at a loss.

If I change the description file so that it has
c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe as the executable and /c
c:\aw\maya8.5\bin\hello.bat as the arguments then the job gets
submitted but cmd.exe fails with the output:

'c:\aw\maya8.5\bin\hello.bat' is not recognized as an internal or
external command,
operable program or batch file.

But when I type it on the command line as the condor user it works
fine.   So, clearly it is somekind of a execute permissions issue.

Does anyone have any kind of advice that might point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Mark.