[Condor-users] Antwort: Re: how to execute the condor jobs in a specific order

Hi, Daniel,
       Thank you very much for this information, it is actually what I want!!
       The DAGman is so great. I have already done some test, finally it works in vallina Universe. However, I am trying to run the jobs in the Grid Universe(Condor-C), which can allow the submitter off line, I searched from internet, most of them refer to the condor -G, almost nothing actually for condor-C, but they said DAGman can be used in the condor-C, do you have any information for this?
      Thank you!

Daniel Harris <dharris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet von: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/26/2009 02:39 PM

Bitte antworten an
Condor-Users Mail List <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>

An
Condor-Users Mail List <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Kopie
Thema
Re: [Condor-users] how to execute the condor jobs in a specific        order

Tao,

I believe what you are looking for is something called DAGMan. It allows you to represent groups of jobs as directed acyclic graphs (DAGs), this allows for job dependencies and ordering as you have described. Please refer to official documentation at:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/dagman/

and

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.0/2_10DAGMan_Applications.html

Best,

Dan

Daniel Harris
main: 888.292.5320

Cycle Computing, LLC
Leader in Condor Grid Solutions
Enterprise Condor Support and Management Tools

http://www.cyclecomputing.com
http://www.cyclecloud.com