Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 18:13:38 -0600
From: vmathew@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Condor Setup Quick Guide

Does condor_status show the machines forming into one pool?
If yes, is there something that you see in the StarterLog on the execute machine
or the ShadowLog on the submit machine which looks suspecious?
What does "condor_q -better <jobid>" say ?

Thanks
/varghese

Joseph Yandle wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to set up a condor pool of two computers running Linux Kubuntu 9.10. I am having difficulty finding out how to do it. I have set up condor on both machines but when I try to submit a job from the submit machine to the central manager the job stays in the idle state and doesn't run. I was hoping that there may be a quick guide which explains the steps required to setup a pool containing one submit machine and one central manager.

Thanks,
Joseph Yandle
(Student)

Download the new Windows Live Looking for a place to manage all your online stuff?