Re: [Condor-users] Condor 6.8.n: job running delays: RUN TIMES stay at Zero

> The central IT guys here, for whom my Comp Sci school IT folk administer
> the Condor grid, were supposed to be giving me the resources to try out
> a newer Condor, in isolation from the existing pool, next week, just in
> time for Xmas - it's like being a kid again!
>
> I would have been looking to start afresh from the 7.4 series.
>
> If you tell me categorically that I can upgrade the master to a later
> version and not affect the existing grid then that'd enable VUW to
> take a huge step in the right direction at a much quicker pace.
>
> Thanks again for the feedback,
> Kevin

Further to that, I've since seen that there's a RHEL3 (yes, we are
still on RHEL 3) RPM for Condor 7.0.5.

Is that likely to do the trick with regard to the issues we have with
the 6.8 series, in terms of upgrading teh master through what can be
seen as a "supported" package, or should I be looking to go to 7.4
anyway, even if I build from source for now.

--
Kevin M. Buckley                                  Room:  CO327
School of Engineering and                         Phone: +64 4 463 5971