[Condor-users] condor and co-linux

Hello,

While in cardiff, I learnt that running condor under cooperative linux works well (this
way, one gets linux environment under condor without having linux as main os on the computer.

One draw-back is that the co-linux allocates memory while running, borrowing this
from the host os (windows). Also, co-linux does not detect user presence (so the
job cannot be evicted when user starts using machine again) - but this was solved
to have co-linux to run as idle process.

Did anyone consider a 2 way approach - having condor client on natively on windows,
this client starting co-linux on demand (1st layer), and then the jobs would
run under condor under co-linux (2nd layer).

This way, the co-linux would only run on demand, being evicted/shut down when
user starts using windows again.

Any draw-backs with this approach (too much work to integrate, some show-stoppers and such)?

Kind regards,

Vladimir Konrad

------