[Condor-users] DAG node job local directory problem

I have a DAG with 100,000 nodes. The Classad files are in 100,000 different directories in a 2-deep tree, so I have:

dagdir/groupdir/nodedir/node.ca

GOAL: node.ca should not know that it is (possibly) going to be submitted as part of a DAG.

PROBLEM: node.ca contains local directory file references. When the DAG is submitted from <dagdir> I get 300,000 files created in the same place (Log, Output, Error), rather than in the <nodedir> directories.

Suggestions kindly appreciated.

Ian

DETAILS:

I build a DAG in <dagdir> with

JOB node1 groupA/node1/node1.ca

The -usedagdir option doesn't seem to help me here. Ideally I would find a solution that would apply *only* at the DAG level (either in the .dag file or a command line option) -- for various reasons, I don't want to have to make the DAG submission issues visible at the "node" level (either in the directory or in the classad).

Is there a solution to this problem? A workaround will be to use InitialDir and then create sym-links in each node directory so:

nodedir/groupdir/nodedir -> nodedir

i.e. so the relative InitialDir is valid for a regular "condor_submit" of the classad from the job directory. This will complicate my life elsewhere, and I'd prefer to avoid this solution.

--
Ian Stokes-Rees, Research Associate
SBGrid, Harvard Medical School