Re: [Condor-users] DAG node job local directory problem

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009, Ian Stokes-Rees wrote:

I have a DAG with 100,000 nodes.  The Classad files are in 100,000
different directories in a 2-deep tree, so I have:

dagdir/groupdir/nodedir/node.ca

GOAL: node.ca should not know that it is (possibly) going to be
submitted as part of a DAG.

PROBLEM: node.ca contains local directory file references.  When the DAG
is submitted from <dagdir> I get 300,000 files created in the same place
(Log, Output, Error), rather than in the <nodedir> directories.

Suggestions kindly appreciated.

Ian

DETAILS:

I build a DAG in <dagdir> with

JOB node1 groupA/node1/node1.ca

If your DAG file contains lines like this:

  JOB node1 node1.ca DIR groupA/node1

it should do what you want.

Kent Wenger
Condor Team