[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Condor-users] Condor + University Library computers: good idea?
- Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 00:10:39 -0800 (PST)
- From: Rob <spamrefuse@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Condor-users] Condor + University Library computers: good idea?
Condor is new software to me, though I have heard of it and I like
the idea of using the computing power of idle PCs.
The university where I work has library facilities with over 400 PCs,
all running Microsoft Windows (mostly XP).
Many of these PCs are idle at certain times of the day.
I would like to suggest to the computer management of the library
to install condor on those PCs, so that the library can then extend
its services to provide computational power to researchers.
My questions about this idea:
1. Is this a good and feasible idea?
2. Has this been done elsewhere already?
Are there already some "success stories" on using large scale
(library) computing facilities with condor?