Re: [Condor-users] Condor + University Library computers: good idea?

Hi Rob,

It works for us on about 200 PCs although these are Linux.

We have had quite a lot of success with mathematics, physics and engineering codes which run for a few hours and require lots of runs. Although Condor supports long running jobs we have tended to find that the machines get used in the day and so revoke these jobs quite frequently.

We have found that it helps to have a server machine somewhere which users can log onto to submit their jobs. I know this isn't a requirement but it seems to fit quite well with users expectations of compute resources.

Hope this helps.