Re: [Condor-users] How to indicate that "this Condor node should start/submit jobs"?

Run the Collector and Negotiator on Linux box, add it on condor_config.local file and restart condor condor_restart

From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rob [spamrefuse@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, February 07, 2009 1:25 AM
To: condor-users
Subject: [Condor-users] How to indicate that "this Condor node should   start/submit jobs"?

Hi,

I'm making my first foot steps into condor setup.

I have condor 7.2 on my Fedora/Linux system installed,
which should become the central manager to only submit jobs.

Then I have condor 7.2 installed on just one Windows PC,
which should become the "slave" to only execute jobs when idle.

Obviously, this is a trial setup in order learn how things work.

In the manual it says about executables necessary to run in the
background:
    * condor_master
    * condor_negotiator, if this machine is a central manager.
    * condor_collector, if this machine is a central manager.
    * condor_startd, if you indicated that this Condor node should start jobs
    * condor_schedd, if you indicated that this Condor node should submit
                               jobs to the Condor pool.

I have following:
Windows XP:
    condor_master
    condor_procd
    condor_schedd
    condor_startd

Fedora/Linux:
    condor_master
    condor_startd
    condor_schedd
    condor_procd

Two questions:

1. How do I "indicate" that my Linux PC is the central manager,
and my Windows PC only starts jobs as an idle slave?

2. There's no mentioning of condor_procd in the manual?
Is this a replacement of negotiator and/or collector daemon?

Thanks,
Rob.