[Condor-users] Condor not installed with Standard Universe

Hello,

I've recently succeeded installing condor, and was able to run some Vanilla jobs. However, when I try to run Standard jobs, it says Condor was installed without that universe. Also when running condor_compile I get a similar error. Did I install it incorrectly (I followed the condor_config command line from the manual)? Am I missing something? Here are the program outputs:

$ condor_compile gcc test.c

This version of Condor does not support checkpointing and remote
system calls on this platform.  You may only submit "vanilla" jobs.
Therefore, you do not need to use condor_compile.  In fact,
condor_compile can't work, since there are no libraries to re-link
your job with.  Please see the Condor Manual for details, which can be
found at http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual.

$ condor_submit standard.condor

Submitting job(s)
ERROR: You are trying to submit a "Standard" job to Condor. However, this installation of Condor does not support the Standard Universe.
$CondorVersion: 7.2.0 Dec 19 2008 BuildID: 121001 $
$CondorPlatform: I386-LINUX_DEBIAN40 $

Thank you in advance,

Janito

check out the rest of the Windows Live™. More than mail–Windows Live™ goes way beyond your inbox. More than messages