Re: [Condor-users] Negotiation Cycle between Linux master and WindowsXP pool

Rati Wrote:
> The error message says you haven't given that host NEGOTIATOR level access on the on the schedd.
> You need to add either an HOSTALLOW_NEGOTIATOR or HOSTALLOW_NEGOTIATOR_SCHEDD
> (I always get them confused) config option in the schedd's config file. I believe if you add:
>
> HOSTALLOW_NEGOTIATOR_SCHEDD = skku
>

> To the schedd's configuration, you should get past that. Take a look at the security section of the
> condor manual for more info:
>
> http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.2/3_6Security.html

Thank you for pointing me in this direction. Then I digged a little further and found out that:

The general condor_config configuration file (which I do not touch, I leave it as it comes with after
installation), has already a definition:

HOSTALLOW_NEGOTIATOR_SCHEDD = $(CONDOR_HOST), $(FLOCK_NEGOTIATOR_HOSTS)

But neither CONDOR_HOST, nor FLOCK_NEGOTIATOR_HOSTS were defined on my central master.
Hence, by setting

CONDOR_HOST = $(FULL_HOSTNAME)

in my condor_config.local of my central master, all is working well!

Thank you!

Rob.