[Condor-users] 2 questions about Condor-G

Dear all,

I want to ask a question about Condor-G. I am constructing a computational grid prototype, and I use a machine as the portal server. In the portal, I plan to use condor-g to submit job, but I have 2 questions:

1. Does that mean I should install condor on the portal server machine and make that machine as an personal condor pool(includes just 1 machine)?
2. It seems that condor(and condor-G) does not provide the programming API(such as java) except for the command line tools. So, does that mean I can only write the codes such as "Runtime.getRuntime().exec('...');" to invoke the command line tool of condor in my program?

Thanks!

Tracy

网易邮箱,中国第一大电子邮件服务商