Re: [Condor-users] Condorview issues with Job Stats

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, Greg.Hitchen@xxxxxxxx wrote:

That is right.  A condorview server is just a collector.
It can, in fact, be the same collector as your regular collector.

Condorview has nothing to do with whether any particular
job is running, it only knows the totals as seen by the
collector, based on condor_status -submitters

But surely that info as seen by the collectors has to come from
Somewhere originally, i.e. from the submit schedd, or elsewhere

It's coming from each of the submit schedd's advertising to
its respective collector which then forwards to the view server.

If you want the condorview server to show all three of pools,
then VIEW_SERVER on pool B and pool C should be set to be
the same as the VIEW_SERVER on pool A.  You can, and many
do, aggregate the output of many collectors into one VIEW_SERVER.

This is our setup. Using the previous example we have all 3
collectors in pools A, B and C reporting to our only condorview server
which resides in pool A.

From what you described in the original message, only pool A is
in fact reporting to condorview. The other 2 are not.
Check the logs of collector startup on B and C---if they are reporting
it would say so.

Steve

Steve