[Condor-users] Is DAGMan the answer to my question?

I want to run a large batch of jobs, lets say around 10,000 on my private condor pool, then have a single email notification sent when all 10,000 jobs are finished. I do not want to get 10,000 emails, one for each job that completes.

The number of jobs changes, I build the condor.submit files on the fly and submit them all at once after the submit files are built.

I could see building a single jobfile.dag file with the 10,000 jobs as parent, then just one child to send an email notification, but was hoping for a simpler solution. Perhaps this is the simplest solution, but I'm new to Condor so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks,
Sam Hoover
CSO, CCIT
Clemson University, Clemson, SC