Re: [Condor-users] Need to reset Quill

> The problem is, we had someone submit 40,000+ jobs in the
> system and we'd rather wipe it out than wait for all of them
> to be cleaned up.

Quill AFAIK *always* replays the schedd.log file to catchup. So even if
you wait for those 40k+ jobs to leave the system, as long as they're in
your job_queue.log file (which has the state changes from queued ->
running -> done) Quill is going to churn through them.

The only way I know of to do a complete wipe, reset and fast restart is:

Shut down Quill
Remove all the jobs from your system
Shut down all your schedds
Delete the spool/job_queue.log* files for each schedd
Restart your schedds
Restart Quill

Your cluster IDs will be back at 1 at every schedd after this. But it
all comes up in-sync.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,  or copying  of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.