Re: [Condor-users] help: error with condor_master start

On Monday 12 January 2009, he lin wrote:
> hello, can anybody hello me solve this problem:
>       when I try to start the condor on a execution node, I always get this
>
> error:
> >          ERROR: the uid specified in CONDOR_IDS config file variable
> > (2002) does not exist in your password information.
> > Please set CONDOR_IDS to the '.' seperated uid, gid pair that
> > should be used by condor.

The problem is actually explained in this message, albeit probably not the
clearest explanation in the world...  CONDOR_IDS needs to be a UID,GID
*pair*, separated by a ".", so you probably want something like
CONDOR_IDS=2000.100 (for example).

Note that if there is a valid "condor" user, Condor will, by default, use it.

Hope this helps

-Nick

--
           <<< Knock, knock, Neo. >>>
 /`-_    Nicholas R. LeRoy               The Condor Project