Re: [Condor-users] Submitting a parallel job in the vanilla universe

Cargnelli Matthieu wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to know if it is possible to schedule a "vanilla" job which is multithreaded, on a single multi-processor machine. As I use the usual configuration (1 VM for 1 processor), I can use the totalCpus parameter in the job description file (Requirements=(totalCpus>=4) ) for instance. But then only one VM is reserved for the job. I suppose this method will work if a single job is submitted as in my tests, but what if 4 jobs are submitted ?

I couldn't find an answer aside from using the parallel universe. is it possible to reserve a full node with a vanilla job ?

Best regards

Dan's HOWTO covers this under "How to allow some jobs to claim the whole machine instead of one slot" - http://nmi.cs.wisc.edu/node/1482

Best,

matt